Tuesday, October 23, 2018

Elevator Pitch (Draft)

Hello, my name is Kate Wright and I am a student studying veterinary and biomedical sciences at Penn State Abington. Over the past two weeks I took some time to educate myself on the topic of animal behavior, more specifically, I looked into how calm interactions and exercise can alter the behavior of dogs in animal shelters. I've always been interested in how animals transition from a cruel past life to a more welcoming one- and an animal shelter is where that phase takes place. To continue my research on this topic, I dug into some scholarly journal articles that analyzed experiments that the authors conducted, researching the topic that recently took a deeper interest in. I personally find this a very important topic because I've always been interested in animal welfare. However, in today's society this is relevant because there has been a recent increase in the total amount of dogs owned in the United States. This means that more people are even considering to adopt dogs, and with the information gathered from the experiments done by the researchers, shelters can apply those results to the animals at their shelters to increase their adoptability. Dr. Kennett, I've looked at some of your work and I believe that you could be the mentor that I'm looking for to lead me on the right path to continue my research, which will ultimately increase the chances of dogs being adopted into loving homes. The years of experience and knowledge that you have will be a vital asset to the success of my ACURA project.

No comments:

Post a Comment

PB3A

Part One: (Reflection) I never really thought about narrowing my research question down to a single breed, only because you would never go...