Wednesday, August 29, 2018

Annotation Tools:


  • + / -  : Put next to positive or negative statements and comparisons
  • !  : Use if something stands out to you or if you think it's important
  • (Arrows)  : pointing away to a blank space so you can add a comment to a sentence
  • (A heart)  : I use this if I really like the way the writer worded something
  • (Underlining)  : Helps me understand what I am reading 
  • (Circling)  : Helps me pull away some main points
  • *  : If I don't understand a word
  • :(  : If something confuses me more than I already am / confuses me after I though I understood what I was reading
  • :)  : I use this when something that I was thinking about was later put into words in the reading 
  • [   ]  : I use brackets around a whole paragraph and then to the side of it, I summarize it or pull out the key words or phrases

Classmate Annotations:

  • ^  : Thoughts about a paragraph or adding their own comment
  • ?  : Put next to a statement that may raise some questions

What I Learned: 
          I learned that most of my classmates generally use the same annotations that I do and for the same reasons. However, I sometimes use a certain type of annotation for more than one thing which may make me confused when looking back at the reading. I need to make a solid reason why I use each method so that when I see it, I know what it's for. 
          Annotating is essential for when reading a text because it helps the reader thoroughly understand each and every statement. Especially because if you're confused about a sentence, you can put a question mark next to it and ask about it in class to clarify it to your understanding. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

PB3A

Part One: (Reflection) I never really thought about narrowing my research question down to a single breed, only because you would never go...