Tuesday, October 9, 2018

PB2A Parts 1 & 2

From a young age, I have always been in love with and fascinated by animals! Walking into college, the academic discipline that I find the most interesting is veterinary and biomedical sciences. I hope to, one day, become a veterinarian to help as many animals as I can. The professor whose research that I chose to follow is Mary J. Kennett. I plan to collaborate closely with her as my mentor on a hands-on research project, which will help me gain valuable research skills and technical and artistic experience to use in my future careers. 
Her areas of expertise include:
- Comparative medicine
- Animal models
- Infectious disease and biocontainment
- Rodent pathology
- Animal behavior
- Laboratory animal resource management
- Veterinary medicine
I am mostly interested in animal behavior, laboratory animal resource management, and veterinary medicine. When I was younger, I did not know what it was that I liked about animals, besides the fact that they were cute and cuddly. Now, I find that I am intrigued by the way animals behave and why they behave that way. I like veterinary medicine because I would love to diagnose, treat, and mend sick animals back to health. Finally, I did not know much about laboratory animal resource management until I did some research on it. I found that I like the concept that it stands for and how useful it can be to different people in this discipline. 

2 comments:

  1. honestly pets are so cute! vets are under appreciated in my opinion its always hard working with animals and trying to diagnose them. they cant really communicate whats wrong. i love how passionate you are about this major, and its unlike one i have yet to encounter form another peer here at penn state. do you plan on having your own practice one day? awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very well thought out of your first paragraph, it introduces the reader to what you are studying and the background of why you chose to study that field. I find it very pleasing that you listed what you want to study in and some goals that you want to meet when you do become a veterinarian.

    ReplyDelete

PB3A

Part One: (Reflection) I never really thought about narrowing my research question down to a single breed, only because you would never go...